Monday, September 23, 2013

Facial Mask

One of the worst parts about the seasons changing is that my face gets dryer. So dry sometimes that it gets flaky which is pretty disgusting. This past week I broke out really bad too so I figured I'll go to the store and buy some facial stuff.

I had no idea what I was going to get but I went to Walmart and I saw a bunch of face masks. They were like a dollar and some change so I figured I might as well try it. I bought a facial revealing peel-off mask (which is what I used last night), a facial hydrating paper mask, and a facial purifying paper mask.

Mind you, I know nothing about what you're supposed to do before and after a mask treatment. So what I did probably wasn't correct but whatever. I'll just look it up next time.


First I used my Clean & Clear Deep Action scrub which just feels so amazing. It honestly feels like you're scrubbing away every impurity and your skin is refreshed.

The mask in its original form is a gel. They put way too much in for a one time use, and I realized that a little too late which might be the reason why it took so long for it to dry. The instructions said it only takes 5-10 minutes but I waited 15. It took over 30 minutes to peel every piece off. Actually, I got so tired of peeling it off that I just used warm water in circular motions. Also, I didn't move my hair from my face so some got pulled out :(

After that I used some toner from Clean & Clear and I put some tea tree oil on as a moisturizer. Again, I probably shouldn't have done this but what's done is done.

All in all, I don't think the mask was worth it even though it was only a dollar. It was such a hassle to peel off and personally I prefer the masks that come off with just water. However, my face does feel better and I'm still going to try the paper masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment