Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall Shorts

Ask me what my favorite thing about summer is (other than my birthday)...give up? Shorts! They can be casual, dressy, black, colorful, short, bermuda, whatever you want!

My favorite shorts are khaki high-waist from Forever 21. I got them over two years ago but unfortunately I can see this is most likely my last year wearing them. I originally got them because my high school had uniforms and I wasn't going to buy shorts I wouldn't wear on the weekend as well. I would definitely say khaki shorts are a must have in a girl's wardrobe! 

As much as I'd love wearing my shorts year round, I do live in Maryland and it gets pretty cold. However, I can usually wear my shorts well into fall by just choosing my outfits wisely.

- *the obvious* I use my weather apps to see which days will be sunny and well into the 70s. 

- Wearing my shorts with knee highs or tights so that my legs aren't freezing. My go to shoe for that is usually combat style boots but I guess any sort of boots would work...don't quote me on that. 

- Wearing bermuda style shorts with a loose fitting button down with oxfords or loafers. 

This is more or less the "shorts in the fall" look I usually go for.

(found this picture on Google btw)

No comments:

Post a Comment